KFC Original Fried Chicken.
- 1 frying chicken, cut into frying pieces
- The 11 herbs and spices (As below)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- Vegetable oil to cover bottom of your skillet; about 1/2 inch deep.
- Combine eggs and milk. Set aside.
- Combine flour with the Italian dressing and soup mix.
- Dip chicken pieces in milk-egg mixture and roll them in the flour-seasoning mixture. Repeat procedure.
- Fry pieces over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes, turning often.
- Remove from fire. Drain and serve.
-----ELEVEN SECRET SPICES-----
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon Powdered sage
- 1 teaspoon Powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thyme
- 3 tablespoons Packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dry minced parsely
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Onion salt
- 2 tablespoons Powder chicken bouillon*
- 1 tomato paste
- * or 4 cubes mashed There are actually 11 spices in the above combination, but an additional 3 ingredients were necessary to derive that special flavor.
Place all ingredeints in blender with on\off spped for 3-4 minutes to pulverise, or rub through a fine strainer.
Store in an airtight container so it will not lose potency. Makes about 3/4 cup. To use with flour: Add 1 oz. mix to a cup of flour for coating chicken.